normal

The iPhone 6 Thread

RobM    195

Likewise, I've not seen it. I have started having odd WiFI problems though which weren't there before.

Apple never seem to get WiFi right on any platform.

MeKeV    98

I think Majed's list is a little longer, so the screen would have scrolled down a bit  ;)

Ahh right ok.

What does happen if you part charge though?

PE7ER    13

39% Phone usage? Are you actually using your iPhone for phone calls?

... That's sooo last year :)

normal    346

I do work! It's worth noting that Skype eats up a lot of battery for no known reason (but that's not unique to iOS really is it....)

normal    346

Stupid question time.

I bought an iPhone 6 on ebay, believing it was UK stock. It turns out it must be a US import with CDMA (model MG612LL/A). Looking at this, the A1549 would appear to be the same as a UK handset, but with added CDMA. Firstly, am I right, and are there any downsides to having bought an apparent import? The UK model is MG472B/A.

I'm also worried if it is a genuine unlocked device, but don't have a nanosim on another network to test it...

RobM    195

The Apple site certainly suggests it'll work, my only fear would be warranty claims being rejected as it's non-UK stock.

I'd also worry about what else about the sale turns out to be incorrect, if they've sold you something different to the iPhone you thought you were buying.

Simmotino    33

I have started having odd WiFI problems though which weren't there before.

Me too, after about two hours of opening the box  :(

Moving back to my 5 for now I think.

Dave    70

Me too, after about two hours of opening the box  :(

Moving back to my 5 for now I think.

Have you tried a reset of network settings? It's resolved the issue on every device I know of that has had the bug (it's an iOS 8 bug, not an iPhone 6 problem per se).

RobM    195

WiFi seems to have fixed itself for no apparent reason. GPS seems good too, so can't help there I'm afraid. I use it for Waze most mornings and it has been flawless.

Great to see some Apps finally catching up and supporting the 6+. GMail and Chrome were updated yesterday and look superb now.

Just wish WhatsApp and Tapatalk would hurry up and do the same!

Simmotino    33

Have you tried a reset of network settings? It's resolved the issue on every device I know of that has had the bug (it's an iOS 8 bug, not an iPhone 6 problem per se).

Yup :(

normal    346

Now I've settled on the 6, I'm still hesitant, and keep wondering if I've made the right decision as everyone seems to be getting on fine with the 6+. Battery life and display still tempt me, but it really is big.....

Simmotino    33

I'm finding the 6 a little cumbersome over the 5, even thought it's not much bigger.

No way I could manage with a 6+ day to day.

hal    120

No way would I get a 6+, irrespective of the battery etc. 

The 6 is almost at the limit of what I am comfortable with and is great. A well-designed 5" phone would work, but 4.7" is ideal.

No wifi problems for me any more -- on a iP6, with iOS 8.1 beta 2.

hal    120

Nothing major but I haven't really looked around much. Seems to be more stable in terms of connections and so on.

I am sure there are some more substantive changes but I haven't looked into them!

Majed    51

Nothing major but I haven't really looked around much. Seems to be more stable in terms of connections and so on.I am sure there are some more substantive changes but I haven't looked into them!

I read somewhere that "Camera Role" should be back in iOS 8.1Looking forward to that. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dave    70

Do SIM free iPhones remain unlocked or do they lock to the first SIM used?

Sim free from Apple is always unlocked, as would a Three or Giffgaff sold unit. CarPhoneWhorehouse have the lovely trick of locking your full price sim free iPhone to the first UK sim. Fortunately they seem to be the only retailer doing this.

Rvn    103

Thanks Dave. Is there any way around the lock with CPW phones apart from requesting unlocking via the network?

Dave    70

Thanks Dave. Is there any way around the lock with CPW phones apart from requesting unlocking via the network?

Make the first SIM card one from Three, as they will remove the sim lock for free.