normal

The iPhone 6 Thread

Majed    51

How are you finding the difference so far?

I'm so confused! On one hand the small iPhone 6 is just a joy to use one handed, but the battery on the 6 Plus kills it!Yet apps that are not yet optimised for the bigger screens look better on the 6 but the 6 Plus is just stunning for websites, some apps and YouTube!With someone like me, I've never had a phone battery that lasted me from the moment I woke up till I went to bed, and the 6 Plus more than nails that for me. I think I'm gonna keep the 6 Plus and move on the 6, I keep thinking which one I'll miss more if I sold and the answer is the 6 Plus.

RobM    195

I still find myself surprised at how good the battery life is, even though I'm using it an awful lot. I find I'm using it more because I know it won't die before the day is out, rather than being conscious and worrying about it.

As for Apps, we're slowly starting to see Apps designed properly for the 6+. I don't think it'll take long before the more common Apps are making best use of the screen and for me, that's exactly what I bought the 6+ for.

Majed    51

Totally agree about using the 6 Plus more knowing that it will last the day.

And hope you're right about the popular apps tailored for the 6 Plus's screen.

SteveyAsp    41

I can get through a day without a problem on the 6 and I'll just get a Mophie when they're released for the days I need an extra boost and it still won't be as big as the 6+

I've said it before and I'll say it again in Apple want to compete in the large screen market going forward they're going to have to make big changes to the design....my LG G3 has the same screen but it's all screen

normal    346

I have no problems with BT connecting to my car stereo (Sony). Phone calls/ music/ streaming/ Siri etc all work.

Majed    51

Oddly, I had no issue with the 6 Plus connecting to my Evoque but I had issues twice when I had the 6 connected!

Not sure why.

neuty    24

Just for you Dave  ;)

I have now bagged me an Iphone 6 64gb in Space Grey. Now my VoLTE is no longer and issue  :lol:   :lol:

Cannot wait to get my hands on it later when home.

Carl.

Dave    70

I can get through a day without a problem on the 6 and I'll just get a Mophie when they're released for the days I need an extra boost and it still won't be as big as the 6+

I would have to agree, I'm finding the battery on the 6 easily enough for a full day (or more) of use. God knows what those people not managing a day are doing. Even with some browsing, email, streaming radio, iPlayer and SkyGo I can get through a day and a night without a problem.

heres yesterday (no idea why iPlayer says audio, it was about 2 hours of video watched):

Posted Image

RobM    195

I forgot to post the other day, that 8.0.2 fixed my BT problems. I didn't do what the link suggests, but I had already reset network settings when on 8.0 and I had since deleted the BT pairing as it wasn't working. When 8.0.2 was released I paired from scratch and it's working a charm.

PE7ER    13

Here's my 6+ today usage. Nowhere near Dave's results :(

I think low cell signal at work and lots of Safari may have an impact on the battery performance.

post-314-14121965423525_thumb.jpg

Majed    51

Here's mine for today. You can tell that actuall phone calling (even though consumes little battery) is still low on my list of activities on my phone.

Posted Image

On a plus note, TweetBot has finally been updated to the 6 & 6 Plus screens.

Doesn't seem to have added any functions (Twitterrific 5 has great landscape view on the 6 Plus) but still a joy to use.

Now come on Whatsapp, Instagram, Tapatalk and YouTube!!

MeKeV    98

It says "Time since Last Full Charge" on Dave and Peters, but not Majed's?

Is there a reason for that?

Does it reset if you plug it in for 25 mins - ie not a full charge?

Majed    51

I think Majed's list is a little longer, so the screen would have scrolled down a bit ;)

Yup! I scrolled down as it says that on all devices and I wanted to show as many apps as possible.

satsuma    178

Anyone else experiencing the orientation lock bug. Growing threads on MacRumors and on Apple's own discussion forum.

Basically the phone display locks either landscape or portrait upside down for no reason. Only a restart seems to fix it. Happening to me about once a day now.

Don't want to do a swap out, it's a pain.

Seems to be s/w bug, wonder if Apple will fix it?

Majed    51

Sorry. Not me.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk