normal

The iPhone 6 Thread

kradcliffe    152

That's why I stated in my post above that it felt a bit "Samsung"

I tried bending it in the store in Glasgow and it had far more flex and bend than it should have. I just never explained that in my post above.

A few people we were chatting to said the same thing.

Surely Apple must test these things in the wild before putting them on sale?

They seem obsessed with style and their phones being thin rather than rigidity and a better battery life which could be achieved with an extra couple of mm

Keith

The bending issue is a concern but then I wouldn't subject any phone to the amount of pressure needed to bend one tbh.

Oh and they haven't sacrificed battery life at all (on the 6+ at least) - only the OnePlus One rivals it out of any phone I've had in the last 2 years ;)

Milhouse    355

The bending issue is a concern but then I wouldn't subject any phone to the amount of pressure needed to bend one tbh.

I think you're missing the point, which is that you don't need to apply very much pressure to bend the 6+ if you can bend it while sitting down.A moment of carelessness could now write off your £700 gadget. You probably already have subjected a phone to similar pressure in the past, we probably all have, it just didn't bend.Combine the increased size of the 6+ leading to increased likelihood of accidental leverage while in a pocket, lack of any internal bracing, a malleable case material and those extra weak spots due to various cutouts, and this has got "class action" written all over it. I wouldn't be surprised if the 6 has a similar problem, though to a lesser extent only because it's smaller and may not experience quite so much"leveraging".

I do understand that but it's a big device - if I have a situation where sitting applies pressure to any of my phones - it comes out of my pocket. Then again I'm probably in the minority.

I'd suggest if it bends as easy as the Internet suggests Apple will have a lot of claims on their hands for 'not fit for purpose'

Milhouse    355

Seems it's not just 6+ owners, but also 6 owners complaining of phones that bend. Should be interesting to see how Apple responds to this one...

neuty    24

I do understand that but it's a big device - if I have a situation where sitting applies pressure to any of my phones - it comes out of my pocket. Then again I'm probably in the minority.I'd suggest if it bends as easy as the Internet suggests Apple will have a lot of claims on their hands for 'not fit for purpose'

I don't think you are Mart, I even leave micro fibre cloths around our house to put phones on. I must be just really sad  :)

I don't think you are Mart, I even leave micro fibre cloths around our house to put phones on. I must be just really sad :)

Lol - you're not alone mate. Then again that's why our devices are immaculate when it comes to selling :)

satsuma    178

Paired the 6+ with my Audi.

No problem. Couple of calls - no problem.

The phone looks bendable from the off - I noticed that before all the videos on the interwebs

I've been careful with mine. Basically just avoid putting in back pocket on jeans front pocket that's very tight.

The Apple silicon case provides just enough width/depth/grippiness to make you avoid trying to slip it into tight pocket anyway.

Cannot believe I paid £30 for this case. It's nice enough....but £30 is such a rip off.

The official Sammy smart cases are rip-off too but at least they provide some extra 'functionality'.

hal    120

Look -- what's the problem? I wouldn't be foolish enough to put it in a mere 'pocket'. If you do that, you deserve everything you get.

I keep mine on a golden plinth in a hyperbaric chamber surrounded by armed guards, and see it only by way of prior appointment in writing. As advised by Apple's care guidelines.

Shock    36

Lol Apple perfectly market these phones for the inept people of the world. (and a few clever ones that take good care and come here :P ). So I can see many of them bending it to fit the shape of their back side.

Apple will soon say its a feature that it is meant to be unique to your backside and over time will morph to the shape of your back end.

Majed    51

Perfect timing for all this as I just picked up my 6+ and will be setting it up soon.

I also tend to look after my gadgets so hopefully no issues for me.

I'll also check how well the BT pairs with my Range Rover Evoque as you guys have raised some concerns.

RobM    195

Aren't Samsung and LG making a big deal about bendable displays at the moment? Apple are just getting in on the act... quietly.

phoneboy    6

Seems to be more stock of the 6 plus hitting stores now. Apple's online iPhone 6 store check availability had a lot more last night when it refreshed and I also noticed that on the Three website their estimated shipping date changed from 10th October to tomorrow so hopefully I'll finally get one!

Majed    51

I haven't updated to that yet, but I must say that it's such a joy browsing on this phone (and I don't just mean Web browsing).

It's so nice to see iOS at this size for me and I know there are many apps yet to support the iPhone 6 Plus, but it's not killing me (even though some look really ugly like WhatsApp!)

phoneboy    6

People reporting that 8.01 is causing more bug issues. Losing signal and Touch ID stopped working. Don't update yet.

Edited by phoneboy

Majed    51

Thanks guys, it's worth noting that I looked for the update on my phone but couldn't find it.

You think Apple might have taken it down?

Simmotino    33

This seems to have worked for a fair few people across the pond:

IF YOU UPGRADED TO 8.0.1 AND CELL SERVICE IS BROKEN:

Go to ipswdownloader.com and download the iOS IPSW for 8.0 for your respective model.

Go to iTunes and Option-Click "Check for Update" – Select the downloaded 8.0 IPSW and update the phone. It will revert back to 8.0 and cell + touchID will work. You will not need to backup & redownload all your stuff - it works like a normal upgrade.

hal    120

Thanks guys, it's worth noting that I looked for the update on my phone but couldn't find it. You think Apple might have taken it down?

Apple has yanked the update.

PE7ER    13

Not the best week for iPhone 6/+ owners. First Bentgate ..24hrs later Apple decided to kill the mobile reception in our phones.

I think they just get to excited about the size forgetting the rest... Just like my gf :)

Majed    51

Is it me or is there an issue with the way iOS 8 handles notifications?

I can't seem to slide most of them away (upwards) when I'm looking at something else.

Something is definitely up!