normal

The iPhone 6 Thread

jonmorris    184

I think it goes from 16 to 64 to stop people buying the 16GB model at all - but allowing Apple to advertise a lower headline price.

Or that's what I'd do. The 64GB model will probably be the most popular by far.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

Simmotino    33

Posted Image

Not biased then... :)

• 158.1mm x 77.8mm = 12300.2mm2 (iPhone 6+)
  • 151.2mm x 79.2mm = 11975.0mm2 (Galaxy Note 3)

That's 325.2mm2 difference - the iPhone 6+ is 2.7% bigger in XY dimensions. However, when you add in the Z...

• 158.1mm x 77.8mm x 7.1mm = 87331.3mm3 (iPhone 6+)
  • 151.2mm x 79.2mm x 8.3mm = 99392.8mm3 (Galaxy Note 3)

...we see that the Galaxy Note 3 is actually 12061.5mm3 or 13.8% bigger in volume. So the iPhone 6+ might be a smidge taller in XY dimensions, but it's narrower and drastically thinner. It's not just as simple as calling it "larger".*

So there!  :lol:

* the above borrowed from an apple apologist on t'internet

normal    346

I've moved all the recent Watch stuff to it's own thread. :)

By the way. I had a quick look at the first page of this thread which is 5 months old. Amazingly, we knew quite a lot then about the iPhone 6

phoneboy    6

I popped into the Three store yesterday and added my name to the pre order list. Can pop in tomorrow and complete the pre order forms and then wait till the following Friday. Was going to get one sim free but as i'm not considering leaving the network I might as well save the money and just do it on upgrade.

normal    346

If I'm on an old style sim only  unlimited tether contract, if I ordered one off Three, would I have to change contract?

Rvn    103

If I'm on an old style sim only  unlimited tether contract, if I ordered one off Three, would I have to change contract?

That crossed my mind too. I'm presuming that the answer would be yes if one went down the contract route.

Dave    70

Yes, unless you can convince them to sell you one on PAYG, any upgrade will result in a change to the new price plans & t&c's.

hal    120

Was trying to access via Apple Store app as usually in the past that's been the best bet but that's still down!

So I went via .co.uk store page which was up and working and TINY on my iPhone screen. Very annoying experience.

But it was working fine or so it seemed. I ordered a 128Gb space grey 6 for me and 64gb white 6 for my wife. Or possibly just ordered some cables. It was hard to tell on the tiny print.

satsuma    178

I wonder if Apple will ever launch with surplus availability of the high end SKUs?

Probably not for the foreseeable future I guess.

Last year I reserved and picked up a 5S about a month after launch I think.

Hopefully the 6+ stock will start to replenish at reasonable rate.

I do really want to own a 6+ but I'm not desperate.

More desperate for the watch TBH, can see myself hitting refresh on the orders page when they open the doors for that device.

hal    120

Although the Apple Store app keeps crashing, a quick look shows 64gb and 128gb iP6 still available and saying 7-10 business days delivery.

(Not sure if that differs in practice from next Friday - -my order says "by 19/9 in most areas")

PE7ER    13

64GB Silver plus reserved for collection Friday :)

More and some other spec to grab from Stratford City store.

Simmotino    33

What a coincidence. A nice lady from O2 called me this morning to tell my my contract was due for upgrade and I could pre-order the iPhone 6 today if I wanted.

Much bemusement was expressed when I told her I was in no hurry to get the new iPhone  :lol: