normal

The Football Transfer Rumours Thread

1373 posts in this topic

How many times will the world record transfer be broken this summer? All prices quoted seem crazy. What happened?

Extra TV money. All the clubs (both in the PL and on the continent) know that the English clubs have money to burn, and some clubs (mostly from oop North, and Arsenal) are now more willing/desperate to buy success than others. At least Poor Pogba might have that millstone lifted from his neck soon enough. Although I suspect the Lukaku to United rumour/leak is just a ploy to get Chelsea to pay more - hopefully we just walk away as the lump isn't worth that kind of money.

I think Lukaku is much maligned. I've been after him at Spurs for a few years and would still happily see him there.

The United bid could also be a ploy to get Madrid to lower their price for Morata.

Chelsea have completed the signing of Germany international centre-back Antonio Rudiger for £34m.

And some bloke called Rooney has joined Everton on a free, for 2 years. LOL. Still, good business by United considering he had 2 years left on his United contract, and that's regardless of him being a makeweight in the Lukaku deal.

Rooney must have been a sweetener. I bet we're still paying part of his ridiculous salary too. Ty once again Moyes. 🤡

Now watch him regain some form and move to China or the MLS in a mega money deal next season.

Will Costa stay or will Chelsea go for Morata etc?

And Spurs have signed.....

24 minutes ago, Rvn said:

will Chelsea go for Morata etc?

Morata and Llorente is the rumour, but I also think Batman deserves more of a go.

You had your chance to sign Rooney

9 minutes ago, normal said:

Levy with his last minute "bargain" buys as usual? :)

Morata and Llorente is the rumour, but I also think Batman deserves more of a go.

Yes I don't know why Batman is being overlooked either. Does Abramovich exert less influence on transfers and team selection than he used to?

9 minutes ago, Rvn said:

Does Abramovich exert less influence on transfers and team selection than he used to?

Yes, thank God - it's pretty much all down to Emanelo now, although hopefully Big Toni has a very large say too...

That's OK if Emenalo isn't a yes man. Didn't he (and the board) want Lukaku whereas Conte wanted Morata?

I liked your video! :)

All Chelsea fans I know are glad you signed Lukaku...thanks for saving us £100m as that's what United will be paying - and maybe more - once the obscene agent fees are taken into consideration (fees Chelsea refused to pay as we're not desperate/stupid...)

I liked your video!

All Chelsea fans I know are glad you signed Lukaku...thanks for saving us £100m as that's what United will be paying - and maybe more - once the obscene agent fees are taken into consideration (fees Chelsea refused to pay as we're not desperate/stupid...)

Of course those fans are. Their club missed out on him! I'm sure they'd be happy for their club to gamble and pay £70m for Morata or Belotti.

The kind of agent fees that you paid for Hazard which SAF baulked at?

No, Lukaku really isn't rated by any of the fans I know - it's not about losing out and feeling hurt, we really are very pleased (relieved) that you bought him!

"Big lump" is the best thing to say about Lukaku. Emile Hesky and Christian Benteke come to mind, and while I'll admit he's a better than both of them he's not £100m better. £100m for Lukaku is utter nonsense, but that's what you're paying for him. £100m - let that sink in. Maybe we'll all be wrong, and he'll be the next Drogba - time will tell. But one thing is for sure, at least he won't be as bad as Pogba! :)

And Taggart... he baulked at paying £34m for Hazzard with £6m to the agent - peanuts compared to what you're now paying for Poor Pogba and Lucarthorse. Many PL clubs could buy an entire squad for the agent fees you're now lavishing on those two players! We refused because we're not mugs. Or desperate. Which is it with United, or is a bit of both? ;)

No interest? Why the face saving late bid on Friday then? If it doesn't matter, why keep going on about how much he cost and how overpriced he is? Way too early to make knee jerk judgements IMO.
Juve paid Pogba's agents fees.

No interest? Why the face saving late bid on Friday then?

No idea, Emanello always had a thing for him. Yet I've never met a Chelsea fan who rated him. In fact, other than Toffees (who hyped him up) and now Mancs (who bought the hype) I can't recall anyone ever raving about him.

If it doesn't matter, why keep going on about how much he cost and how overpriced he is?

Because:

A) what United have paid is, once again, an obscene amount of money that is not good for football in general
B) I'm just so very glad it wasn't us! :)

No interest? Juve paid Pogba's agents fees.

Righto. And they did that because they're a charity? Money transferred from United to Juve to Mino Raiola's pocket is technically "paid by Juve" but come on...!

12 hours ago, Milhouse said:

other than Toffees (who hyped him up) 

Nah, an awful lot are absolutely made up with the money we've got for him. Many even actually disliked him.

I appreciated him being the best goalscorer I've seen play for us in my lifetime. But he's also pretty bad at football.

I'll be surprised if he doesn't score more than any Chelsea player this coming season, existing or yet to be signed.

But at the same time, even if he gets leading score for the next 5 years, they'll still be united fans who dislike him. Because he's an absolute footballing enigma.

Still young though, so he may end up as good as anyone.

On 09/07/2017 at 6:55 PM, normal said:

Tottenham transfer news!

Kyle Walker sold to Man Citeh for £50m (including addons).

Walker might even be good enough to get a game at Citeh - compared with Sagna and Zabaletta he should improve their back 4.

And that's life at Spurs. We'd better not sell any more players. I really don't understand how Levy keeps our wage cap so low. I think it's so far from the 'going rate' these days that we'll end up losing more players at some point.