normal

The What's Going on at Apple Thread

kradcliffe    152

Really shocked reading that article. For the money Apple charge they could at least supply a power block to take advantage of the fast charging capabilities. Samsung have done that for years now.

Saying that I bought a GPD pocket not long ago, and using an external Anker block via USB-C makes a fair difference to the charge time. Mind you GPD are a small Chinese manufacturer and not a global Corporation like Apple.

Edited by kradcliffe

normal    345

Completely agree. It wouldn't hurt for Apple to upgrade their chargers to at least the same as iPad ones.

kradcliffe    152

Called Vodafone about my upgrade today. I have a 25% discount on my account but it can't be used on the iphone 8/+ or the X. Apparently they can't be discounted in any form although the sales person did not know why.

Everyone really fights to keep the price of Apple devices sky high.

Rvn    103
Called Vodafone about my upgrade today. I have a 25% discount on my account but it can't be used on the iphone 8/+ or the X. Apparently they can't be discounted in any form although the sales person did not know why.
Everyone really fights to keep the price of Apple devices sky high.

I'd press them on why such a hefty discount isn't applicable. We're you ever notified of any T&C's for said discount?

kradcliffe    152

No, they just applied it as a permanent discount on my account for billing problems in the past .... a sweetener to stay with Vodafone I guess rather than moving elsewhere.

In the three years with them in Aberdeen the service seems good enough, there are some blackspots but no worse than any other network in reality. Abroad the roaming is superb ..... 10/10

I ended up going for the Note 8 at £37.50 a month which is pretty good. 

mcgrad    74

So Santa bought me an iPhone X for Christmas, and I'm in too minds about whether to keep it or not. I find the weight really off putting for such a small phone, making it more cumbersome to hold than my iPhone 7+. The weight distribution seem all wrong, far too top heavy. The notch doesn't bother me and Face ID is works flawlessly, but i just can get comfortable with the weight.

Edited by mcgrad

normal    345

Should be offset by your wallet being lighter 😃

All seriousness though, it felt very first generation to me and not everything was great thanks to Face ID and no home button. I felt more work was needed for the money and returned mine 

hal    120

Love mine but may finally go android after a decade. Have a Pixel 2 XL coming tomorrow to try out.....

Rvn    103

Love mine too, apart from it failing to power on thus becoming a very expensive paper weight one morning in India a few days ago! +1 for the Apple warranty.

Stuclark    70
On 12/27/2017 at 9:43 PM, hal said:

Love mine but may finally go android after a decade. Have a Pixel 2 XL coming tomorrow to try out.....

The only issue with the Pixel 2 XL is the screen seems to be iffy...

Oddly though, the LG V30 (essentially same hardware, definitely same screen, and same manufacturing plant) seems to be much better on the screen front

hal    120
8 minutes ago, Stuclark said:

The only issue with the Pixel 2 XL is the screen seems to be iffy...

Oddly though, the LG V30 (essentially same hardware, definitely same screen, and same manufacturing plant) seems to be much better on the screen front

Yup. Saw all the horror stories about that but to be honest I haven’t noticed any issue with it (burn in may take time, granted). 

The pixel 2 XL has been phenomenal - camera is better than the iPhone X without question (although iPhone X camera very good also); and the Google experience is far more refined than it used to be. 

Stuclark    70
38 minutes ago, hal said:

Yup. Saw all the horror stories about that but to be honest I haven’t noticed any issue with it (burn in may take time, granted). 

The pixel 2 XL has been phenomenal - camera is better than the iPhone X without question (although iPhone X camera very good also); and the Google experience is far more refined than it used to be. 

I have seen burn in on a Pixel 2 XL in CPW, but have never, ever seen it in real life on any handset I've owned with an OLED screen. So far I've seen no evidence of it occurring on the V30 either

kradcliffe    152

It's really bad on demo units of the S8 and Note 8 too, but of course in Vodafone's case it's bright red graphics left on a screen 24/7 at full brightness. 

No issues with burn in on my Note 8 so far either. 

Edited by kradcliffe

hecatae    9

Quick question, anyone using an Iphone SE, could you recommend?

normal    345

It's basically a 6s in a 5s' body isn't it? It should deliver on those fronts.

Speaking of which, there's rumours of a new SE coming soon.