normal

The What's Going on at Apple Thread

normal    345

Very much interested in the Plus/Pro for me.

Need me some 256GB as I hate that I've been deleting items of my 128GB and that's without storing any music on the device!

If Apple make the Dual camera Setup on the 7 Plus/Pro for Wide Angled photography (ala LG G5), that would make me smile big time!

What do you store on your phone???

Majed    51

What do you store on your phone???

Lots and lots of Apps/Games and photos + videos!

normal    345

Here's my stream of thoughts:

James Cordon Carpool Karaoke opening quite funny... (Steve Jobs never would have ....)

Who wrote the script? Tim Cook sounds more wooden and sugar than ever.

Mario on iOS! New Mario game...

Swift Playground to be taught in schools.

iWork - real time collaboration - boring!

Apple Watch - Pokemon Go (groan)

Watch series 2 - swim proof (?) - 50m waterproof, swim workouts, CPU 50% faster, GPU 2x faster, 2x brighter display (1,000 nits), built in GPS, new Ceramic finish, Nike + edition. - series 1 with new CPU but lower price - preorder 9th, delivery 16th

iPhone - home app, control all the smart stuff from one app, looking forward to messages on iOS10, Jony Ive video all about gloss (jet) black (fake excitement), also black, silver, gold, rose gold, - new taptic engine for home button - water and dust resistant (IP67) - camera, OIS in all versions, f1.8 lens, 12mp sensor, 4 led flash, artificial light sensor, machine learning to perfect automatic photos, wide colour capture - live photos now editable and has stabilisation and workable in other apps - 7mp front camera - 

Plus - 2x 12mp lens(wide + telephoto lens) - improves zoom photos quality (2x optical zoom, 10x software) - use two lenses + machine learning to create bokeh and live depth effect - won't be available until later this year

Display - 25% brighter with wide colour gamut, - instagram demo, 

Speakers - stereo (one at each end) and twice as loud! - lightening cable earpods + adaptor - 

Wireless - they've invented wireless earpods (airpods) 5h battery life (with case 24 hours) - one step set up across all Apple devices via icloud

Performance - Quad core - 2 cores 40% faster than 6s, 2 cores do low energy stuff, GPU 50% faster, 

Really irritating demo of a game

Longer battery life - extra 1-2 hours over 6s

7 costs same as 6s but with double storage

7s with double storage

6s remains but with double storage

iPhone upgrade program also available in UK

Orders open on 9th and delivered on 16th

Airpods $159 in October

normal    345

I have to say that I feel like I've reached 'Peak Apple' and the presentations seemed particularly bad this year.

RobM    195

Pretty much what we knew in advance, but put it all together and it's a bloody good upgrade and some useful new features if you're coming from any other iPhone. All typical modern Apple really; take what's out there and make it the best they can.

I'll be buying the new iPhone 7+, prob gloss black 128GB. I'll definitely be buying the Series 2 Watch as well, as I said in advance it just needed GPS to convince me.

Coming from a 6+ it should be a hefty upgrade.

kradcliffe    152

Have just seen a few snippets on Twitter and such. Apple is really of no interest to me these days.

Are the wireless earbuds included with the phone, how do you charge them?

Does the phone have wireless charging?

normal    345

Have just seen a few snippets on Twitter and such. Apple is really of no interest to me these days.

Are the wireless earbuds included with the phone, how do you charge them?

Does the phone have wireless charging?

No. In the case

No

:)

kradcliffe    152

No wireless charging on the new iphone .... WTF?

It was great on the LG G3 and even better on the S7 edge. My wife gets a lot of calls & texts during the day and has the Samsung charging pad on her desk. It's so simple to use and the phone is always full.

So they take away the headphone socket then charge you extra for the wireless buds. Seriously taking the piss now.

normal    345

No wireless charging on the new iphone .... WTF?

It was great on the LG G3 and even better on the S7 edge. My wife gets a lot of calls & texts during the day and has the Samsung charging pad on her desk. It's so simple to use and the phone is always full.

So they take away the headphone socket then charge you extra for the wireless buds. Seriously taking the piss now.

Wireless charging is saved for next year....

They haven't charged you extra for anything. Included ear pods have a lightening connector and there's a lightening - 3.5mm adaptor included.

kradcliffe    152

Ah, OK. Cheers for clearing that one up.

But you still can't charge the phone whilst listening to music unless you buy the wireless buds.

That pricing is scary, I thought Samsung were over the top with S7 edge and Note 7. Mind you as long as people are willing to pay it they will keep edging it up year on year.

normal    345

Ok. Feck. It's a black steel watch to pre-order (my mrs will be in the country at launch), and then I'll get a 128GB 7 plus when I visit the UK in October on the upgrade programme.  :o