normal

The What's Going on at Apple Thread

Rvn    103

I've not had chance to follow any of the coverage yet, but spotted this. Is the voice control any different to what Amazon has been trumpting for a while now? And is the touch remote any different to all the apps for kodi and the like? If its more of the same, I really dislike using either as a remote control. Physical button remote are just better imo.Unless they've come up with something better/different?And someone mentioned earlier that the aTV 'should' be under £200? WHAT!? Damn right it should be, am I missing something here? A TV appliance like this should be half that, right?I should probably check out the info before commenting, but....

I don't know about Amazon and Kodi as I've only ever used a previous generation of Apple TV. Apple's demo yesterday was very impressive though in that when you search for something, say a particular film, it brings up all possible sources from your apps on the same page.

mcgrad    74

After watching the Force Touch videos, i must be thick or something, as i still don't get it.

Why couldn't that behavior be equally replicated by a press & hold action in iOS or Android for that matter. In particular, the video where the email preview pops up when using Force Touch seems like it could be reproduced using press & hold. Why would i need Force Touch to achieve this?

It just seems confusing, or un-intuitive and not a very Apple way of doing 

hal    120

After watching the Force Touch videos, i must be thick or something, as i still don't get it.Why couldn't that behavior be equally replicated by a press & hold action in iOS or Android for that matter. In particular, the video where the email preview pops up when using Force Touch seems like it could be reproduced using press & hold. Why would i need Force Touch to achieve this?It just seems confusing, or un-intuitive and not a very Apple way of doing

Because you can get long press, and then in addition a press that involves pressure. It does add an additional input dimension -- whether we *need* another one or not is another matter.....!

normal    346

Got my family's order in. A bit miffed that postage date is 29/9 whilst you can reserve to collect on 25/9

hal    120

Is it? Need to check mine...!

Ordered iPhone 6s for me, and 6s and 6s Plus for my wife as she couldn't decide! Will cancel one at leisure when she's *actually* reminded herself what the plus looks like.....noted that the 6s plus (as she's getting rose gold models) aren't available for delivery till early October. Thought the 6s was delivery on launch day though.

Got my 6 64gb reserved for the 25th in store.

Gone for silver again - beauty of same design is that the wife will never know I've changed

Almost went for a 6s+ but remembered I found the 6+ just a tad too large for my daily use.

hal    120

No note of delivery dates yet on my orders except for the 6s plus which said early October at the outset. Could've sworn the 6s models said 25th but with my wife's indecision that may have slipped!

normal    346

I ordered 2 x 6s and one plus. Apple don't normally send order confirmations for quite a while after product launches.

satsuma    178

Cannot seem to reserve for pick up.

Keep getting 'update your apple ID' message and then chucked back to registration page.

Been like that since 8:05

satsuma    178

Might be a blessing.

I can get one for free ( any SKU, so could order 128 GB, 6 S+) from work if I am prepared to wait a few weeks; just unsure currently how many weeks I'd have to wait. Guess I can find out Monday.

hal    120

I got confirmation for my one for 25th (most important one...!). No sign of my wife's yet.

On another note,  pay in app was hopeless, which is unusual as it's been flawless till now. Wouldn't work at all. Had to switch to normal methods of payment.

hal    120

Both 6s are 25th September and 6s plus first week of October. Apple handled the pre-orders better than prior years IMO.

RobM    195

I've sat this one out. Until 3DTouch is more widely adopted by third party apps I actually use (since I use very few native iOS apps) there is no tangible benefit to me.

I'm going to wait until everyone tells me how 3DTouch will change my life and I *need* it, then I'll have another look. Or, by then, I'll wait for the 7.

normal    346

I wonder how they'd do it given the use of the lightning cable. Saying that, they could block it off with a plug and then 'invent' wireless charging, given how so many other manufacturers have failed to invent it. ;)

The other thing I'd really like is a major redesign and removing the home button to make the plus significantly smaller. They can either implement the rumoured Touch-id through the screen, or just stick the button on the back, but make it smaller!