Simmotino

Last thing you purchased

MadDog    464

Hue lights mostly - but alto integrates with Tasker on my phone so I can set my phone to DND at night, dim screen, launch alarm clock etc

normal    346

Quick question guys: I've got a 2015 13" Macbook Pro i7. I want to upgrade as it's a bit heavy to carry around and I can upgrade relatively cheaply at this moment. I could choose a top end 12" Macbook,  13" Macbook Pro, or a 13" MacBook Pro with Touch. All with i5, 16GB RAM and 512GB SSD. I don't really need the touch (as I don't edit much anything anymore). I'm no longer a power user. The daintiness of the Macbook and slightly smaller screen puts me off. I also l don't like the shortage of sockets. Same goes for the standard Pro. What do you guys think? (and buy a generic windows laptop isn't the answer! :D )

RobM    195
On 13/09/2017 at 3:40 PM, normal said:

Quick question guys: I've got a 2015 13" Macbook Pro i7. I want to upgrade as it's a bit heavy to carry around and I can upgrade relatively cheaply at this moment. I could choose a top end 12" Macbook,  13" Macbook Pro, or a 13" MacBook Pro with Touch. All with i5, 16GB RAM and 512GB SSD. I don't really need the touch (as I don't edit much anything anymore). I'm no longer a power user. The daintiness of the Macbook and slightly smaller screen puts me off. I also l don't like the shortage of sockets. Same goes for the standard Pro. What do you guys think? (and buy a generic windows laptop isn't the answer! :D )

I'm just in the process of swapping from a 12" Macbook to a 13" MBP with Touch Bar. The only reason was the Macbook struggled with a couple of applications, which I couldn't find suitable alternatives for. For my use, which is largely based around Microsoft Office, Chrome and a few odd tools here and there, the Macbook was superb for years (I had the original at launch and then a 2016 model after). The portability is amazing, the screen is really nice (although I'd prefer a higher resolution) and the performance is plenty good enough. I never struggled with the lack of ports either, all I ever needed was Apples digital AV adapter at most.

But, every now and again, some applications push it to the point you can see it struggle. Therefore, since I don't need that level of portability these days, I've changed to the MBP for more power. The size and weight difference is huge... much bigger than I had in my head it would be. The 12" Macbook is like carrying an A4 notebook. The MBP is like carrying a laptop (duh).

Hass    8

Ordered one of these last week. Should be ready in February but have asked the dealer to keep hold of it till March 1st so it's an 18 plate.

Can't waita515bff6b19691769f537fdc848f3a69.jpg

Jay    14

The new Note 8.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Hass    8

Picked her up on Tuesday. Was supposed to collect it on Friday but the M62 was closed. Worth the wait in my opinionad2a33edf01857d4462d9efa00adca22.jpg

Rvn    103

Nice motor! Can you connect to the car remotely with your smartphone? We had a look at the Passat Estate GTE before settling on a filthy diesel.

Hass    8

Yeah, the app is called carnet. I can remotely set the temperature of the car, set departure times for preheating. Must say, it was nice getting into a warm car this morning without having to de-ice it.

47042a75011ce50ea5a8884c49335ced.jpgb9b218e3e5683d843156992f0b9fb158.jpg

Hass    8

No ordinary golf and with discounts and scrappage I got over £10k off.