Simmotino

Last thing you purchased

normal    346

My i3 Dell arrived today. No cables, etc, just the tablet and Windows key in a plain box. Other than that, it perfect condition. It's possible to see it's not new as there are extremely small marks on the screen, but all good once the updates have been installed. http://www.dell.com/Support/Article/uk/en/ukdhs1/SLN293406

neuty    24

I also have the i3 model on order with the mobile card installed.

Hoping it comes soon as I am looking forward to getting it. Sold my iPad Mini and a Linx 10 tablet to get a more powerful unit.

Carl

normal    346

Just be aware it's a chunky bugger. Why can't we have a Windows tablet like the Air 2?

MadDog    464

My i3 Dell arrived today. No cables, etc, just the tablet and Windows key in a plain box. Other than that, it perfect condition. It's possible to see it's not new as there are extremely small marks on the screen, but all good once the updates have been installed. http://www.dell.com/Support/Article/uk/en/ukdhs1/SLN293406

Mine came with the charger!

neuty    24

Just be aware it's a chunky bugger. Why can't we have a Windows tablet like the Air 2?

I had the Linx 10 and that was chunky so not fussed. Delivery is due Monday Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

neuty    24

Arrived today and in perfect condition.

Screen is beautiful and has a chunky solid feel.

Just need to set up and play now  :)

neuty    24

Loving the Dell tablet.

Did anyone buy the battery keyboard, and if so where from and price?

Carl

TheSuper    2

Loving the Dell tablet.

Did anyone buy the battery keyboard, and if so where from and price?

Carl

Any chance of a review. What do you love about it so much? How different is it from an iPad or a Nexus?

neuty    24

Any chance of a review. What do you love about it so much? How different is it from an iPad or a Nexus?

Never done any sort of review before, but can tell you what I like or don't like.

Likes,

Crystal clear display Full HD Resolution

Sound from speakers. Loud and quite detailed for a tablet.

Ability to do anything a standard Win 8.1 pc or laptop can do.

Its quick, mine is the i3 model with 4gb ram

Ability to be laptop and tablet with attached keyboard.

Can install any Windows software you wish.

Not just an app running tablet, but a FULL OS. So no limitations like an iPad or Nexus.

Great to use with the Active Stylus.

USB connection for thumb drive or accessories.

The ability to remove and replace the battery, ssd hard drive, the wifi card or 3g mobile card.

Once I get the keyboard and dock it will replace my laptop completely.

Although chunky it is very portable. I am out in the field in home where I do surveys for Central Heating. I can do my surveys and orders all on an Excel Spreadsheet with macros' built in. ( iPad nor Nexus can run Excel with embedded macros) I can save or email or upload to our database. 

8 mpx rear camera is not bad for photos.

Dislikes,

Its a chunky bugger, as already noted by normal.

Its a little heavier than expected, but you get used to it quickly.

The occasional fan running. This could put some off as most would think a tablet should not have a fan. This is a Full On pc in a 10.8 inch tablet form.

Not a review of such but a few ideas of my findings.

Carl

neuty    24

Why the hell is the uk one so dear?

I found one on ebay for £100, but £35 to £40 is tempting.

Cheers

Carl

normal    346

I've been looking at that too, but I think my tablet is faulty. It keeps turning itself off about a minute or two after switching on. Very frustrating.

neuty    24

I've been looking at that too, but I think my tablet is faulty. It keeps turning itself off about a minute or two after switching on. Very frustrating.

Sounds so, no issues like that here Nik.

neuty    24

Is the German keyboard the closest match to the UK one or does any other very closely match?

Carl

MeKeV    98

Posted Image

LG HBS 900 headphones. Made up with them!

So far amazing battery life, and the retractable buds is really neat.

Im entirely unqualified on commenting on the sound quality, choosing to listen to podcasts far more than music, but they do sound good to me, and a few reviews i read before buying suggested way above average sound quality.

Entirely coincidentally, but i just realised my last 3 main phones (nexus 4, nexus 5 & G3), my home audio kit (Musicflow) and now these are all made by LG. They still seem like minnows, but i guess theyre getting something right.........and i think the main thing being pricing (even if its forced - nexus, or to help sales G3).

TheSuper    2

Never done any sort of review before, but can tell you what I like or don't like.

Likes,

Crystal clear display Full HD Resolution

Sound from speakers. Loud and quite detailed for a tablet.

Ability to do anything a standard Win 8.1 pc or laptop can do.

Its quick, mine is the i3 model with 4gb ram

Ability to be laptop and tablet with attached keyboard.

Can install any Windows software you wish.

Not just an app running tablet, but a FULL OS. So no limitations like an iPad or Nexus.

Great to use with the Active Stylus.

USB connection for thumb drive or accessories.

The ability to remove and replace the battery, ssd hard drive, the wifi card or 3g mobile card.

Once I get the keyboard and dock it will replace my laptop completely.

Although chunky it is very portable. I am out in the field in home where I do surveys for Central Heating. I can do my surveys and orders all on an Excel Spreadsheet with macros' built in. ( iPad nor Nexus can run Excel with embedded macros) I can save or email or upload to our database. 

8 mpx rear camera is not bad for photos.

Dislikes,

Its a chunky bugger, as already noted by normal.

Its a little heavier than expected, but you get used to it quickly.

The occasional fan running. This could put some off as most would think a tablet should not have a fan. This is a Full On pc in a 10.8 inch tablet form.

Not a review of such but a few ideas of my findings.

Carl

Thank you for that. Very informative, cheers. Surprised about there being a fan in the tablet, i didn't even know that was possible.

normal    346

It's most definitely there ;)

On a positive note, I think I may have solved my problem. It seems that it had rather aggressive power saving settings on!

tetstb    15

st theJu

Whats the difference between this and the UK one in regard the keys?

Just the @ and " keys and there is no £