Milhouse

The Random Bits of Football Chit Chat Thread

Rvn    103

They do but I'd like to know how they more than doubled their value in less than a year.

For so much money spent their league wins were fortuitous in that they were lucky the likes of Liverpool and us blew it. They've never dominated the league(unlike us, Arsenal and Chelsea) despite all these wonderful expensive players. Europe has been a disaster so far too. But yes they are a long way from pre-Mansour mediocrity.

Milhouse    355

No more GNev on Sky, off to do a proper days work managing Valencia.

Wonder who Sky will find to spar with the unintelligible Scouse muppet. Or maybe an ideal opportunity to refresh the entire line up (oh yes please!)

Just don't hire JarJar for Christ's sake.

Milhouse    355

As for Citeh, they still can't fill their stadium...

Posted Image

"Plenty of fans have come dressed as empty seats" is how Sky Sports put it (though it's nothing new, as Arsenal fans have been dressing like that for years!)

Rvn    103

Brave move for Neville, but I'll miss his analysis at Sky - he was the only pundit worth listening to.

normal    345

I cracked up when I heard the news. Good luck to him, but I'm expecting him to come back a more humble man.

Milhouse    355

Certainly a big risk for Valencia, appointing as head coach someone with virtually no coaching experience to speak of. But at least he's got his badges, so that's alright.

However if it's not working out then Valencia won't be slow to get rid - not one of their last 5 managers lasted longer than 6 months.

satsuma    178

Certainly a big risk for Valencia, appointing as head coach someone with virtually no coaching experience to speak of. But at least he's got his badges, so that's alright.However if it's not working out then Valencia won't be slow to get rid - not one of their last 5 managers lasted longer than 6 months.

You know who owns Valencia right?Man Utd fan, investor in Salford City FC and a billionaire in his spare time -Peter Lim.I think it's a good test for Gary Neville and I think Lim will cut him some slack.

Milhouse    355

You know who owns Valencia right?Man Utd fan, investor in Salford City FC and a billionaire in his spare time -Peter Lim.

Yep I do, and I'm also aware of Lims links with Salford FC, but him being rich or bezzy mates doesn't change the fact that GNev still has no experience as a coach at the highest level (and no, odd-jobbing for England doesn't really count).To be honest I'd be very surprised if Lim continues to cut GNev slack should the club plummet towards Segunda División, but you only need to take one look at Fernandes and QPHa to realise that enormously rich individuals can still be complete fools when they stop treating football as a business.

RobM    195

We'll see.If I was Gaz, the first thing I'd do is get rid of that bell-end Phil ...

I think Phil has just been promoted to 'chief translator'; speaking both Manc' and some basic Spanish will keep him employed for a little while at least.

Milhouse    355

If I was Gaz, the first thing I'd do is get rid of that bell-end Phil ...

PNev actually has more hands-on coaching experience than GNev, though not quite so many coaching badges (presumably there are some long words in the A-badge exam).GNev knows all the theory, it will be interesting to see how well he puts it all into practice.

Winterman    33

PNev apparently has the players ear and is well liked by the dressing room so can't see any value in losing him apart from the lulz.

Provided Mendes doesn't heavily involve himself with regard to team selection as he did with the previous manager then The Brothers Nev should do a decent job as Valencia have a young, attacking team.

Milhouse    355

Reading sack Steve Clarke after losing to QPR.

Frank Rijkaard for Newcastle (you heard it here first)? Or even Steve Clarke, now that he's available...

satsuma    178

Beckham has "blessed" the appointment of Zidane on his Facebook page.

He cannot fail - not now that he has been given the blessing of Saint David.

That decision to ditch Ancelotti looking more and more stupid as every week passes......

Rvn    103

As long as someone like Perez has so much power at that club, it will continue to be a circus. Barca and Atletico must be laughing their arses off.

satsuma    178

Guardiola has stated today he wants to manage in England and has offers but nothing signed.

So that's MCFC, Chelsea and MUFC presumably with an outside chance of Arsenal if Arsene wins the league and calls it quits.

***EDIT***

Bettfred not taking bets on Pep to Citeh though. So obviously the bookmakers have made up their minds.

Rvn    103

Probably no De Gea to Madrid then. Good luck to them signing top players this window.