normal

The Premier League Thread

normal    346

The wheels have come off. It'll be interesting to see how Poch handles it. First thing, Alli and Eriksen should be dropped. Alli's barely had a good game all season. Eriksen needs a timely 'recalibration' of his application.

Milhouse    355

So is it "Spurs in Crisis?" :)

Winning the "2nd bestest team" crown for 2 years running must be weighing heavily on Poch's shoulders. Maybe he's taken them as far as he can and needs to move on? Who would you get? Allardyce is a nailed on cert for Everton so you've missed out on him. LOL.

I reckon Marco Silva would be a decent replacement (in all seriousness).

Rvn    103

It's back to the "lads it's Tottenham" days eh? I'm sure Poch will sort it out soon, although the sooner you get Wanyama and Toby back the better.

Milhouse    355

Poor old Lukarthorse - Jose explains his lack of form is due to him not having any boot deal. LOL.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5126877/Mourinho-Lukaku-form-having-no-boot-sponsor.html

Mind you, boot deals don't always help - just ask Fellaini:

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/english-soccer/marouane-fellaini-is-suing-new-balance-over-defective-boots-1.3304629

Majed    51
On 29/11/2017 at 12:46 PM, Milhouse said:

So is it "Spurs in Crisis?" :)

Winning the "2nd bestest team" crown for 2 years running must be weighing heavily on Poch's shoulders. Maybe he's taken them as far as he can and needs to move on? Who would you get? Allardyce is a nailed on cert for Everton so you've missed out on him. LOL.

I reckon Marco Silva would be a decent replacement (in all seriousness).

Didn't Spurs end up 3rd on the last week of the season (Arsenal pipping them in the last week to 2nd)?

I too believe Marco Silva is a decent upcoming manager (I just hope he doesn't turn into another AVB). 

normal    346

Not sure what I enjoyed most last night; Utd's collapse, Jose bollocking Pogba, or Chelsea's capitulation 🙂

Rvn    103

Kane was in our half before kick off so a lucky goal. But we were awful at the back. I reckon Jose needed another midfielder in from the start. On another day Kane would have scored a few.

normal    346

Defensive, Utd are rubbish. The only defensive Utd player I wouldn't mind at Spurs in De Gea. Man for man, who else could be called at least an equal?

Are Spanish clubs trying to sign any of your attacking players? I'd be very disappointed with your squad given how much it cost.

MeKeV    98
7 minutes ago, normal said:

Defensive, Utd are rubbish. The only defensive Utd player I wouldn't mind at Spurs in De Gea. Man for man, who else could be called at least an equal?

Wot u on abar? They've got a clean sheet more than every other game this season!  5 or 6 on the trot before last night.  :huh::wacko:

Rvn    103

Are Spanish clubs trying to sign any of your attacking players? I'd be very disappointed with your squad given how much it cost.

No yesterday was not just about the individual defenders for me. We were outnumbered and overrun in midfield. It's not the first time that's happened under Jose.

Rumors of Mata and Martial interesting the Spanish clubs. I'm more disappointed that Jose can't find a tactical solution to get the best out his players, especially in the big matches against our major rivals. As for spending, what did Pep achieve last season and how much has he spent to put City where they are now? He's cleared out most of the dead wood but Jose still hasn't completed that.

Wot u on abar? They've got a clean sheet more than every other game this season!  5 or 6 on the trot before last night.  

Yeah I didn't expect us to be that bad yesterday.

normal    346
1 hour ago, MeKeV said:

Wot u on abar? They've got a clean sheet more than every other game this season!  5 or 6 on the trot before last night.  :huh::wacko:

Yeovil, Burnley, Stoke, Derby, Everton, Southampton. Meh

normal    346

vsdfsdfdasfsfdasdf.png

Sorry. I couldn't find any options for last 2 years.

MeKeV    98

Net spend arguments are probably the most boring thing in football. Even more boring than Roy Hodgson or Sam Alladyce.

normal    346

But are key to what we're discussing ;) 

City and Utd are in a league of their own when you look at spending.

normal    346

And that super tight defence? It faced some cracking strike forces....

Milhouse    355

Well that could be the end of Big Tone. :(

Shambolic performance tonight. We've now lost against Bournemouth and Watford, two of the worst teams in the Premier League. Something is seriously wrong at the club. AGAIN!

Oh and Bakayoko is an awful player, absolutely useless.

normal    346

Seems like the managers curse of winning the league strikes again.

Every team wants to play Chelsea right now.