normal

The Premier League Thread

normal    346

Big Sam Allardyce resigned as Palace manager and wants to retire.

Good for him

Rvn    103

I guess he wanted to go out on a high after the England mess. I wouldn't be surprised to see him take on another job when he gets bored of partying in Marbella.

Milhouse    355

I'd imagine the England mess probably caused him to question working in the game when it's full of people constantly out to "get" you. I hope he has a long and happy retirement.

normal    346

Puel's been sacked at Southampton. The board is pretty fierce, but normally get things right. I wonder who'll get the job.

RobM    195

Tuchel is the favourite, but that's as much press and bookie speculation as anything.

Puel should feel hard done by, but it was right to let him go. He was stitched up somewhat - you can't sell Pelle and Mane, not replace them and then blame the manager for a lack of goals - but his style was boring and he never won the fans over. Another season and some good signings may have been all he needed, but the first loss at home would have caused a lot of fuss and negativity, which nobody needs.

It's all normal for us anyway, the manager can be replaced as often as you like, as can players and it doesn't disrupt us... despite the press and football 'experts' predicting doom every single year.

satsuma    178

I would like to thank Chelsea for gifting us Lukaku, Matic, Mourhino and Mata - all of whom will help us to come above them in the league this year. :D

Rvn    103

I would like to thank Chelsea for gifting us Lukaku, Matic, Mourhino and Mata - all of whom will help us to come above them in the league this year. 

After bagging Lukaku I'm amazed they let Matic come to United. But don't count your chickens just yet. They have time to strengthen and get their house in order.

Milhouse    355

I would like to thank Chelsea for gifting us Lukaku, Matic, Mourhino and Mata - all of whom will help us to come above them in the league this year. 
You are, and always will be, the Chelsea B Team. :)

Milhouse    355

I'd love to see a newly monied Saints raid the crap out of Liverpool, but honestly apart from the Barca-bound Coutihno does Liverpool have anyone worth buying? Hopefully Saints are now better able to retain the gems their scouting network routinely seems to unearth.

Rvn    103

A tasty London derby tomorrow and oh Arsenal beaten away,again, at "not our bogey team" Stoke.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=B5wE-Ybr14A

Rvn    103
I'm not looking forward to the game. 

Why not, Chelsea have some notable absentees while Spurs don't?

normal    346

All true, but it's our first game at Wembley and I'm pretty sure Chelsea will be up for it, especially after losing last week.

Majed    51

It's never easy to predict a Derby no matter the circumstances. So this is no different regardless of Chelsea's form and preseason.

I am impressed with what we're doing though. Very early days and two average to poor sides we faced but you can only beat the team you are playing against.
4-0 and 0-4 has got United fans believing that Jose really can make it happen in his 2nd season 🤞🏽

Sent from my iPhone 7 Plus using Tapatalk

Rvn    103

There's a lot of positives for United, however some of the criticism from the likes of Jermaine Jonas and Henry is fair. Yesterday the team played through the middle far too much. There was so much unused space on the wings at times that predictably Swansea packed the central area and were hard to break down. Lukaku's off the ball movement was poor but hopefully that will improve.

We weren't as solid defensively either and were a little lucky not to concede a goal early on.

Milhouse    355

Funny old game!

Spuds definitely the better side, creating all the opportunities, tons of pressure, but no real chances. Hence the final score line - two chances, two goals. A weakened Chelsea side gave it everything. Victory against Spurs doesn't get much sweeter than that! :)

I thought Bakayoko was very impressive. Christensen had a good game, after a slightly shaky start, and Luiz: immense. And that Alonso? Not bad! :)

Rvn    103

Yeah Spurs maybe should have got something from that game, but Kane still can't score in August and it was poor defending and goalkeeping to let the second Chelsea goal in. Brilliant free kick by Alonso though.

normal    346

Much as predicted. We played better and lost. There was little we could do about the first goal, but the second was a shambles.

By the way. Chelsea had three chances. There was Morata's sitter at the start.

Majed    51

To be honest, after Chelsea’s poor start last season, United’s good start and City’s incredible start, you learn never to predict anything till way way into the competition.

Still believe United should be competing all the way till the end.

Sent from my iPad Pro 10.5 using Tapatalk