normal

The Premier League Thread

Rvn    103
The Dippers are even more likely to drop points now that they've just lost their only in form striker for the rest of the season. Could be January all over again.

Oh I hope so! One of their bogey teams is up next....Stoke.

Majed    51

Arsenal 3-0 down at Crystal Palace.

#Wenger_Stay

Rvn    103

I don't think we will either. I wonder when Wenger will announce his new contract.

normal    346

It's strange to believe that Utd were one of the favorites to win the league this season. You signed three great players and had a new manager, and here we are wondering if you'll even get a top 4 place.

Rvn    103

3 words, Moyes and LVG
Jose plus the money spent put us up there with Citeh and Pep. It's a bit simplistic these days to expect instant success, but maybe both teams will be more consistent next season. I don't think anyone expected United to drop so many points at home.

Majed    51

We finished 5th last season with most teams under performing (hence Leicester winning the league).

Yet this year, the top 5 have all stepped up from last season. So the fact that if we win both our games in hand we'd be drawn on 4th and 1 point behind 3rd is decent considering all the draws at home!

Our issue is in the final third of the pitch! Converting those chances to goals is lacking.

Jose has a reputation of finishing his summer transferbbusiness early and something tells me United will get who they want.

Now funny enough, I wouldn't put Griezmann on top of that list, for me, Cavani or Aubameyang are more in line to what we need.

Let's see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rvn    103

Maybe Cavani, but preferably Belotti or give Rashford and Martial a chance and preferably strengthen the wings and midfield instead. Ibra might even stay so no need for another striker. No doubt Jose will sell some players so we'll have to see what his priorities are in terms of strengthening the team.

Majed    51
Maybe Cavani, but preferably Belotti or give Rashford and Martial a chance and preferably strengthen the wings and midfield instead. Ibra might even stay so no need for another striker. No doubt Jose will sell some players so we'll have to see what his priorities are in terms of strengthening the team.

He's already mentioned the lack of finishing the chances that United create, so no doubt a sticker or attacker will be one of his priorities (as well as a possible Carrick replacement).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rvn    103

Lol you had over 80 minutes to win the match and blew it! We had Fellaini starting too!

Milhouse    355

Yeah, we didn't really turn up but the blatant handball was instrumental in how the game went. The selection disruption just before the match also didn't help. Just one of those days. No big deal though, winning meant more for United and Jose than it did for us - if I were you I wouldn't read too much into this game, you'll still struggle to make 4th. :)

Rvn    103

We might not make top 4, but you haven't won the league yet either. That's two matches lost recently while Spurs are on a roll.

normal    346

Thank you Utd. 

I still think Chelsea will win the league though. They've got to drop points in two of the six remaining games and we've got to win all of ours. I can't see either happening.

Milhouse    355

Haha Fellaini. What an utter plank. Thoroughly deserved red. Awful match until now though, massive bore.

Rvn    103

I thought you'd be used to that with Jose. Moronic loss of what little sense Fellaini has.

Milhouse    355
21 minutes ago, Rvn said:

I thought you'd be used to that with Jose.

It's tolerable when you're winning titles. :)

Milhouse    355

Got to say the fight for 3rd and 4th is looking interesting. Liverpool are very vulnerable, and Arsenal still being in with a shout for a top 4 finish which makes their next match away to Spurs a must-win (which is great for us!)

A Gooner win against Spuds and a win at the Emirates against Man United could potentially see Arsenal back to their traditional finishing spot.