normal

Can you see this?

normal    346

Some members are reporting a DNS issue and not able to see the forum. Please can people confirm if they can see this.

Many thanks

Majed    51

I'm on Tapatalk and can see it.

Sent from my iPhone 6s using Tapatalk

normal    346

Many thanks guys. Keep on letting us know if you can see us. We're going to try and resolve the issues today. :)

Milhouse    355

Yes, we're not in Google DNS:

https://toolbox.googleapps.com/apps/dig/#ANY/forum.mobileandgadget.com@8.8.8.8

I've added OpenDNS servers 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220 to my dnsmasq config (in addition to Google DNS 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4) so I'm able to get on here, but obviously this isn't going to work for everyone, who may just think the site is offline...

Stuclark    70

For whatever reason (that I'm still to fathom), Google's DNS server doesn't seem to be picking up the change we made to the mobileandgadget DNS entries last week.

GoDaddy (the M&G domain registrar) are showing that the domain is pointing to the correct name servers, and indeed *all other DNS servers seem to have picked up this change; but Google's server (which picked up all my other DNS changes last week in under 30 minutes) is resolutely ignoring the change.

As it's very awkward indeed to make the server respond on it's old and new IP addresses simultaneously (I'd probably create some sort of internet loop and then a black hole, then the universe would implode; and that would be bad!) this means that Google then can't find the M&G domain.

I've made some upstream changes at my main DNS registrar to try to repoint the old NS records back to the new NS records and IP addresses, so hopefully that change will at least "fool" the Google DNS server into resolving those NS records to the new IP addresses.

... unfortunately, Google may well have cached the IP addresses that the old NS records used to resolve to, so the above trick may or may not work at all :(