kradcliffe

Seriously unimpressed with Vodafone

Rvn    103

There's a £15/m 30 day deal with 20G on Virgin that I'll probably go with if I can ever get through to Vodafone. 24/7 online chat my arse.

Edit: Vodafone just offered me a 40% discount on their 20Gb plan so now I will pay £22/month with the first 2 months free, free Spotify and an extra 2Gb per month. Not bad.

Dave    70

Just can't make it up with Voda...

Their retentions team phoned on Friday and after a brief chat decided they couldn't match any of the sim only deals around at present and said goodbye.

Today I've had FIVE calls from the Vodafone retentions number, I answer and it's either just silent or it's background noise and then they hang up.

They really do know how to piss customers off...

hal    120

I am ok with them so far, largely due to the roaming rates they do which are largely unbeatable (particularly if you go out of the EU).

Our sim only deal is £25 pcm, with unlimited calls and texts, 25 Gb of data, 4 Gb of roaming data, and Spotify/Now TV. Not bad I thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hal    120

My biggest issue with Vodafone is the third party scammers who are authorised agents for them. When I call or contact *them*, I generally get good service and a good deal.

When *I* get calls purportedly from Vodafone, it's usually a third party using their list, claiming to be Vodafone, and trying to sign me up to some rubbish deal with them. That's resulted in at least one clear case of fraudulent misrepresentation this past year, which Vodafone accepted as being dishonest and unacceptable, but did nothing about save for apologising and voiding the "deal". No compensation or indication that action was being taken against the dishonest agent.

Rvn    103

It looks like they have a standard retention deal then. I haven't found Vodafone CS any different to the other networks. They are all annoyingly hard work sometimes.

hal    120
It looks like they have a standard retention deal then. I haven't found Vodafone CS any different to the other networks. They are all annoyingly hard work sometimes.

Mine wasn't retention - I just got it off the website! Didn't try to negotiate anything....

normal    346
18 hours ago, normal said:

I've done a quick dig around. I think I've found the best deal for me. It's the £22.50 one with 20GB data, unlimited calls etc. Now if I understand it properly, it's a 4Gee Max plan, and I can also use my full allowance in Europe too? Plus there's also 6 months Apple Music. I understand I have to create a new Apple music account (and cancel my old one), but can I upgrade it to the family account?

Also, can I tether on EE? (including roaming)

Any EE experts able to help? 

I've ordered my PAC off Vodafone (online chat - got disconnected twice before finally succeeding...). They made no effort to retain me.

Rvn    103

Mine wasn't retention - I just got it off the website! Didn't try to negotiate anything....

When was that? All I found is the 6 months half price deal, which isn't as good.

hal    120

I think around Sept/October time. My prior sim-only was coming up for a renewal.

EDIT: just checked - September onwards.

normal    346

I've gone for the EE deal. Should save me a packet vs the £3 a days for EU usage.

Dave    70

Jeez,  but Vodafone are a bunch of dumb föckers, my number ported out on Tuesday morning and their retentions are still phoning me.

after telling me (three times on different calls) they couldn't compete with any of the 3 sim only plans I quoted...

hal    120

And out of the blue this morning from VF:

"Hello. Just to let you know, from 12 April we'll be increasing your monthly plan by 3.2% - which is in line with the Retail Price Index (RPI) published in March 2017. This means that a monthly plan costing £25.00 will go up by £0.80 a month. This change reflects your terms and conditions - please go to www.vodafone.co.uk/rpi if you'd like to find out more."

prices are rising across the board, much of it to do with Brexit, but also the usual corporate greed...