Milhouse

ZNAPS and ZapTips adapters

Nick    11

Shame, I found the same with build quality with a lightning keyring I got, great ideas, but without the majors R&D budgets they never quite last

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MeKeV    96

I was unlikely to be persuaded by them.... but thought I'd have a go anyway incase there was something I was missing out on.

The magnet is annoyingly weak, the thing sticks out way too much, the blue light (on both sides!) Is far too bright for any bedtime charging. And you either have to fork out for cables for everywhere you might charge or you end up taking the thing in and out all the time.

I like the braided cable though, and they're a good length.

Made up with the quick charger that I bought at the same time though!

Milhouse    355

These SweetLF adapters aren't that great. Main issue is that they don't now connect first time and need to be coaxed to get a connection (one has been dodgy since day one). Also I'm finding the magnetic pull is not strong enough so as soon as you lift up the phone from a surface it disconnects.

What do you think the problem is, the magnet becoming weaker over time? So far mine is still working OK, hopefully it remains like that...

Milhouse    355

So it's been over 3 months and my micro USB adapter is still working perfectly fine.

The iPhone family (ie. my brother and kids etc.) haven't been using their adapters mainly because

1) Son had broken his 5S Lightning connector (before receiving the magnetic adapter I might add!)

2) Daughter smashed her 5S screen (for the 4th - or is it 5th? - time)

3) Brother needed to adjust his 6S case to allow adapter to fit and hadn't gotten around to it

#1 and #2 I've just fixed (along with a smashed screen on the "backup" 5C, sigh) so hopefully they'll take another run at using these adapters in future and we'll see how it goes.

Anyway here's a review of various magnetic adapters - including the SweetLF - from Techmoan, who I think is great (if you like the kind of thing he does):