Rvn

The Champions League Thread

Majed    51

In other news, Barca ripped apart away in the CL, again. Surely Juve won't buckle at the Nou Camp like Monaco did.

You mean PSG right?

Sent from my iPhone 7 Plus using Tapatalk

Rvn    103

Another nice pro Spanish club refereeing performance. But it's Bayern on the receiving end so

Milhouse    355

I thought they'd brought Øvrebø out of retirement. Can't wait to see more corrupt officials saving Barcelona from going out tomorrow night.

satsuma    178

Help and advice - bit of noob to this

I want to get tickets for Basel v Man Utd on Nov 22nd

None available yet according to the cursory search on interwebs

What's the best way to get tickets to these types of games?

Milhouse    355

Not done it myself (only Champs League games I've been to at Stamford Bridge I used a season ticket borrowed from a friend who was unable to go to mid-week games), but I'd imagine the best way is through the club (either one), which probably means very little chance unless you're a member etc.

satsuma    178
58 minutes ago, Milhouse said:

Not done it myself (only Champs League games I've been to at Stamford Bridge I used a season ticket borrowed from a friend who was unable to go to mid-week games), but I'd imagine the best way is through the club (either one), which probably means very little chance unless you're a member etc.

Thx 😀. I wanted to avoid having to "join" Man Utd .

Even if I join, I presume I'm in lottery wrt ticket allocation.

So there's no way of buying tickets on the open market? I don't mind sitting amongst Basel fans.

I can get flights and accommodation for free so I'm happy to over-pay for the tickets

Milhouse    355
5 minutes ago, satsuma said:

Thx 😀. I wanted to avoid having to "join" Man Utd .

Understandable, understandable. :)

5 minutes ago, satsuma said:

I think that's usually how it works, unfortunately. Or the available "members only" tickets somehow sell out within the first 5 minutes if you try and call on the phone as soon as they go on sale (you'll probably be in an hour long queue). My brother sometimes asks me to buy PL tickets from Arsenal for him and his "Junior Gunner" son (so both members) as soon as they go on sale if he's in a meeting, and the telephone queue is ridiculous - 30 - 60 minutes - and the category A matches will be sold out by the time you get through to someone. Arsenal do have a web site booking system, but again that is subject to queues (and crashes a lot).

6 minutes ago, satsuma said:

So there's no way of buying tickets on the open market? I don't mind sitting amongst Basel fans.

I can get flights and accommodation for free so I'm happy to over-pay for the tickets

I'm sure there is, but I'd just be wary of forgeries. Maybe not so much of a problem for a group game, but they do exist and people do buy them (just ask Scousers).

Maybe you'll have more chance of getting in with the home fans. :)

Rvn    103

Thx . I wanted to avoid having to "join" Man Utd .

I've only ever bought via manutd.com but this lot have tickets. Good luck!

https://www.viagogo.co.uk/Sports-Tickets/Football/UEFA-Champions-League/UEFA-Champions-League-2017-18-Tickets/E-2355278

satsuma    178
I'm sure there is, but I'd just be wary of forgeries. Maybe not so much of a problem for a group game, but they do exist and people do buy them (just ask Scousers).
Maybe you'll have more chance of getting in with the home fans.

My mate knows a lot of quite senior people at Novartis (shirt sponsor) and works part time from Basel, maybe the best thing to do is to see him and I can get a couple of tickets through Novartis

Milhouse    355

Looking forward to the response from UEFA/FIFA... my guess: nothing.

Now if this was an English club... instant fan ban from Europe, if not the club.

Milhouse    355
13 minutes ago, normal said:

I'll leave this here

It certainly was an excellent result for Spuds. But it was just one game... "Mauricio Pochettino: We are among Europe's best" really is a little premature... how about winning the Premier League before claiming to be amongst the elite of Europe? :)

normal    346

I guess we should copy Chelsea and plan to win it next year by not qualifying for Europe again this season. 😂

Rvn    103

I don't like saying it, but I thought City's performance away against an in form Napoli team was the most impressive by an English team in Europe this week. Real on top form would be more competitive.

Milhouse    355
I guess we should copy Chelsea and plan to win it next year by not qualifying for Europe again this season.
If it meant winning the Premier League title then why not?! Better than ending up with nothing, again. :)

Milhouse    355

That's a shame, hoped for Spursy having a longer run in the CL so we could nick some points of 'em in the PL. :)

They really blew it tonight.

normal    346

We did. We were too slow to respond to Juve's changes and got hit before we knew what happened. Overall though, the team did really well against a great team 

Rvn    103

Gotta love Chiellini's post match interview of basically "it's Tottenham, history tells us we'll always have chances to win". Or "lads it's Tottenham"

normal    346

We're stepping up in the world, it's going to take time. Just hope we can keep the squad together long enough 

Milhouse    355

Didn't watch the game, but I heard Pogba was sh1te.

I'll be disappointed if we go out of the competition tomorrow, but as long as we give it our best shot I won't complain. It is after all Barcelona, and not some 5th placed no marks who should be beaten comfortably.

Rvn    103

Pogba came on late in the second half but the tie was lost much earlier than that. None of our players were any good over both matches except one save from DDG in Seville. Jose gambled and blew it.

Milhouse    355

Pogba came on after 60 mins (for Fellaini) when it was still 0-0 and with everything still to play for, particularly as United had the home advantage. 18 minutes later United were losing 0-2.