hecatae

Introducing the LG Wine Smart, a Clamshell Android

hecatae    9

I wish we would see more of these, anyway on with the Press Announcement:

LG today revealed the LG Wine Smart, a Clamshell Android Device, with a 3.5 Inch HVGA Display, a 8mp rear camera and 0.3mp front camera.

It's dimensions are 118.6 x 59.4 x 16.9mm, it has a weight of 140.8 grams, and supports LTE.

The battery is 1700 mAh, and it has 1gb RAM, 4gb ROM, and a micro sd slot.

further details can be found at LG's microsite http://www.lgwinesmart.co.kr/ and on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4lHFdCgQwA

I doubt it will be released worldwide, but it looks incredible.

Posted Image

normal    345

I always wondered what happened to the idea of clamshells with two touch screens in them.

satsuma    178

Clearly aimed at ladies.

I can think a few female friends of mine who would love something in that form-factor for their handbag.

You would think LG would have included some way of displaying notifications on the outside; not exactly a revolutionary idea.

With the networks effectively able to veto the widespread availability of a handset through their portfolio teams - there's little to no chance of seeing this here. The guys and gals making these ranging decisions are often numpties.

Although, to be fair, with Apple and Samsung taking up so much device acquisition budget, people are less prone to taking risks. But that exactly the reason I would range something like that and get some exclusivity.

jonmorris    184

Seems Apple has upstaged LG now, as it turns out the iPhone 6 plus can in fact fold like a clamshell.